Monday 18 June 2007

The tan starts here...

Well I've just realised that it's actually quite a while since I posted a decent post on here. I'm not sure I've got a huge amount of time, but I'll have a go at a bit of an update! I'm back in Kusadasi, Turkey at the Internet cafe, and I've just found the button on the site that turns eveything into English - woohoo!! My big boss in on this week along with the choreographer, so the team are busy in rehearsals but I've set up a mini disc player on stage and left them to it!

Things have reaxed as much as they probably will now, and things are running a bit smoother which makes everything so much easier! I've had time to get off in a few places as you'll have seen by the pictures and so I've no major complaints! Unfortunately the cruise director (manager of onboard entertainment) has had to go home for a week for personal reasons but everyone has pulled together and things are running as if nothing is wrong at the moment which is great!

We had a crew party last week which basically means we close off the outside deck bar to the passengers and get served free food and drink all night! Was great, the only downside was that they thought they'd be clever and organise a crew drill for the following morning! There were a few people looking a bit rough I can tell you! Luckily I was fine, although I think the reason for that is I've been to the crew bar almost every night after work since being out here which probably isn't a thing to be proud of! Ah well!

Everyone seems to be getting on really well, and I'm making some good friends which is great. All I need is a proper bit of romantic interest and what could be better! ;-)

I've compressed a few more photos, one of the view from Santorini while we ate some lunch, and from St Marco Square in Venice. Not really been taking many photos of late, not had time to get off and see places properly for some reason, but I'll be sure to post some more pics when they're taken!



Cheers for the comments guys, keep them coming, registering isn't all that bad is it? ;-)

jm

5 comments:

Johnny said...

What a life!

soul sista said...

Hey john.
How you doing? Sounds like you're having an interesting/exciting time. Can relate to the exhausting days, I did a 16 hour day last friday and it was such a killer... didn't leave my house for the entire weekend!!
How's it been making friends? Anymore english speaking people? At least you get to see the world whilst getting some great experience to put on the cv and money too. All that and a flatscreen tv and fridge of your own!!!
Anyway can you still receive emails or look at myspace etc? or is this the only way to keep in touch?
Hopefully I'll hear from you soon, take care and continue enjoying your travels.
Soul Sista xxx (if you hadn't worked it out this is sapphira)!!!

Rick WIlliams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rick WIlliams said...

Glad to hear your doing ok dude! I didn't realsie you could sign up and leave comments! To think I work in IT aswell!
I'm really jealous of ya dude as Im sat in a miserable office and its raining outside!
Hope to speak to ya soon!
Peace
Ricardo

SnowJoe said...

Hey Jon,

How are things going? I completely forgot about your blog. Rubbush I know. Anyway of setting up alerts so I know when you write a new one??
How is the tan coming along? Things aren't too bad here other than the floods! Glastonbury was a good armchair option this year! Shame about Oldham not making the finals but you probably prefer that as you wouldnt have been able to make it. My dad went to see the shrews lose in their final.
Glad to hear things have calmed down a bit. Enjoying the pictures! Look after the blue rinse brigade!!